Get started with your Remote Data Collection Development Kit with these instructions and resources.
Prepare the kit:
- Insert the system card into the microSD card slot on top of the COM.
- Connect the COM to the expansion board by placing it on top of the marked connectors and pressing down lightly. Warning: Do not press on top of the microSD card slot. Doing so may damage the card reader.
- Connect the console port to your development machine using the included USB Mini-B to Standard A cable.
- If required, connect the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port.
- Establish a serial connection in a terminal on your development machine.
- Connect the power adapter to boot the system.
- Verify that the system boots successfully to a terminal.
At this point, the system has been configured and you are ready to begin development either via the console port or by SSH into the machine:
> ssh email@example.com
> Password: gumstix