Get started with your 4.3" Handheld Development Kit with these instructions and resources.
The 4.3" Handheld Development Kit comes with system cards for both Android and Yocto Project Linux operating systems. Due to an Android kernel issue, WiFi and Bluetooth do not currently work with the Android system card, and all networking is Ethernet only. Until a patch is released correcting the issue, users who need WiFi or Bluetooth should select the Yocto Project system card.
Prepare the kit's hardware:
- Connect the LCD display to the Pepper single-board computer by inserting the ribbon cable into the connector on the underside of the circuit board.
- Insert the system card into the microSD card slot on top of the SBC.
- Connect the u.fl antenna to the connector on top of the SBC. [Yocto Users only]
- Connect the console port to your development machine using the included USB Mini-B to Standard A cable.
- Establish a serial connection in a terminal on your development machine.
- Connect the power adapter to boot the system.
- Configure your wireless connection. [Yocto Users only]
Your 4.3" Handheld Development Kit is now ready to use. You can disconnect the console port and SSH into the system after the network is configured:
> ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
> Password: gumstix