Get started with your Barebones Wireless Appliance Development Kit with these instructions and resources.
Prepare the kit:
- Connect the two u.fl antennas to the connectors on the COM.
- Insert the system card into the microSD card slot on top of the COM.
- Connect the COM to the expansion board by placing it on top of the marked connectors and pressing down lightly. Warning: Do not press on top of the microSD card slot. Doing so may damage the card reader.
- Connect the console port to your development machine using the included USB Mini-B to Standard A cable.
- Establish a serial connection in a terminal on your development machine.
- Connect the power adapter to boot the system.
- Configure your wireless connection.
At this point, the system has been configured in its most basic form. You can now power down the system and begin connecting the components specific to your wireless appliance.
The schematic for the Alcatraz Breakout Board can be found at Gumstix Publications.
A detailed reference of all signals available on the Overo series of computers-on-module is available in the System Reference Document