Get started with your 3.5" Handheld Development Kit with these instructions and resources.
Prepare the kit:
- Connect the LCD display to the Alto35 expansion board by inserting the ribbon cable into the connector.
- Insert the system card into the microSD card slot on top of the COM.
- Connect the COM to the expansion board by placing it on top of the marked connectors and pressing down lightly. Warning: Do not press on top of the microSD card slot. Doing so may damage the card reader.
- Connect the two u.fl antennas to the connectors in the COM.
- Connect the console port to your development machine using the included USB Mini-B to Standard A cable.
- Establish a serial connection in a terminal on your development machine.
- Connect the power adapter to boot the system.
- Configure your wireless connection.
Your 3.5" Handheld Development Kit is now ready to use. You can disconnect the console port and SSH into the system after the network is configured:
> ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
> Password: gumstix